The Asthma, Allergy & Immunology Institute takes care
of patients with diverse allergic and immunologic
diseases which include but are not limited to:
- Medication allergies
- Radiocontrast allergy
- Anesthetic medications allergies
- Food allergies (including food colors and additives)
- Food allergy exacerbated or induced gastrointestinal diseases such as GERD, Eosinophilic Esophagitis, Food Protein-induced Enterocolitis etc.
- Environmental allergies
- Venom hypersensitivity
- Contact dermatitis(allergic and non-allergic)
- Asthma (various severities of asthma including steroid dependent and uncontrolled asthma) and COPD
- Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis, Allergic sinusitis, Fungal Sinusitis.
- Dermatitis: Atopic dermatitis, Urticaria (allergic, autoimmune, idiopathic, infectious, physical and genetic disorders).
- Primary and secondary immunodeficiencies.
The Asthma, Allergy & Immunology Institute performs diverse diagnostic, challenge and therapeutic procedures including:
- Skin Testing: Standard Skin Prick test (Epicutaneous), Prick to Prick test, Patch test, Intradermal test
- Drug Allergy Testing, Challenges and Desensitization. Food challenges: Open, Single-blind, Double-blind Placebo control challenges.
- Controlled Food Re-introduction Protocols
- Induction of Tolerance
- Allergen Immunotherapy
- Venom Testing and Venom Immunotherapy
- Spirometry, Lung Function Studies, Broncho-Provocation Studies
- Skin Biopsies
- Advanced Asthma management such as Monoclonal anti-IgE (Xolair) therapy etc.
- Gammaglobulin Infusion Therapies for Primary and Secondary immunodeficiencies, Infectious and Autoimmune diseases
- Diagnosis, Work-up and interpretation of immunological laboratory results in patients with suspected immunodeficiencies
- Immuno-hematological evaluation of Primary immunodeficiency patients for Stem Cell Transplant
- Post-stem Transplant evaluations and monitoring for immune reconstitution